Monday, January 10, 2011

Supreme Chalupa and Strawberry Margarita Slush at Taco Bell

It’s Friday; the last working day of the week… Yes! Hello, Weekend! When the clock struck 5:00 one sunny January 7, 2010 afternoon I hurried out of the office, to take the train. Along the way, I just thought of well, why not treat myself to a snack? I was at Gateway Mall (Araneta Center) Cubao in Quezon City, I went to the Mall’s 3rd level – Food Express and looked around to choose where to have my snack. Hmm…I think I’ll spent a few minutes at Taco Bell and have a Supreme Chalupa and try their new Strawberry Margarita Slush (and still available, Lime Margarita Slush). Just a few minutes after paying for my order, my snack is ready (Wow that was quick!) I easily found myself a seat, surprisingly the place wasn’t too crowded… maybe a lot of guys out there were still in “vacation mode”. Here’s my meal:


Okay, that’s one Supreme Chalupa and Strawberry Margarita Slush for Cristine (misspelled Kristine hehehe). I unwrapped and enjoyed my chalupa…

lots of veggies and cheese...yum =)

Here's a closer shot

By the way, what is a chalupa?  Chalupa is a tostada platter in Mexican cuisine. It is a specialty of south-central Mexico, such as the states of Puebla, Guerrero and Oaxaca. Chalupas are made by pressing a thin layer of masa dough around the outside of a small mold, and deep frying to produce crisp, shallow corn cups. These are filled with various ingredients such as shredded chicken, pork, chopped onion, chipotle pepper, red salsa, and green salsa – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/chalupa. Taco Bell’s version, they describe it as a crispy, chewy chalupa shell filled with seasoned ground beef, reduced fat sour cream, crisp shredded lettuce, a blend of three real cheeses – cheddar, pepper jack, and mozzarella – and diced ripe tomatoes – http://www.tacobell.com/menuitem/Chalupa-Supreme


I ordered the Strawberry Margarita Slush because of three reasons: 1. Strawberry’s my favorite, 2. it’s new, so I have to try it and 3. I need a cool refreshing drink.


Here’s what I can say about my meal… the chalupa tasted good just like the first time I had it 2 months ago. It was like an adventure, provided it has layers and layers of flavor, from the chalupa, and mix of ground beef and cheeses and the veggies are still fresh and crisp. The margarita slush wasn’t the star of my tray but the chilling sensation gave a refreshing finish to the meal, maybe it’ll be better if they tone down the sweetness.
Over-all this a not so bad day ender… An idea popped out of my mind, I have to make Friday, my “Me day” (time for myself to try something new). Hmmm what’ll I be munching up next Friday? Let’s see! Until next time =)  

No comments: