Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How Essays.ph Saved Me

Working for Essays.ph opened doors to many possibilities. 

I started writing at an early age. During my grade school days I began scribbling words and phrases in my notebook. Interest in poetry and essay writing surfaced later on when I found myself charmed by rhyming words. 

When I was in high school, I was a shy and soft-spoken adolescent. One who scampered to catch up with everyone else and a scaredy-cat for lengthy discussion. When I stammered at almost every word I tried to say, my last resort was to do what I thought I could do best – I write. 

Time passed, writing ended up as just one of my many passions. Love for food prevailed when I had to decide for a course in college. Passion for writing remained. However, taking a backseat when I’m preoccupied with kitchen work and experiments.  Infusion of ingredients in each gastronomic encounter won my amusement. I awed those powerful tiny herbs and dishes bursting with flavor. 

Unexpectedly, my pleasant career turned sour. An overwhelming negativity shoved me to a detour. I was led to one place – job searching site. I didn’t know what to look for. There were job postings in the same line of work I’m into. A few minutes before leaving the office, I bumped into Essays.ph. I haven’t heard of Essays.ph until that rainy afternoon I was banging my fingers on the keyboard. Then, my eyes got glued to these two words: Freelance Writer. Will I pass for a...writer? 

I totally doubted myself. All I know is my job is frustrating. In the back of my mind, I have a clear picture of what’s waiting for me in the undersized room I call home. I’ll be faced with a mountain of laundry, kids waiting for mommy to help them with their homework, a hubby expecting for dinner, dishes waiting to be washed and a room that has to be cleaned. Life. How I wish life could have been simpler or at least kinder to a tired working mom like me.

After long hours of staring at the monitor, I applied for the job. Some thought Essays.ph is a spam. So, I searched for reviews about the site. I came across positive comments from writers connected to this online writing community. Those writers confessed through forums and blog sites that they are satisfied with the salary they’re getting. So, I patiently read the Essays.ph Onine Manual and prayed to pass the exam. I felt an overpowering desire to start writing again.

I failed in the final exam. The part where I have to write a 500-word essay about Forex. I researched before I wrote my piece but it wasn’t good enough. So right then, I thought, I must give it another try. 
After the second try? Yes, I made it! I became a Freelance Writer. On that day, I found my bearing again. I realized no one can make me feel inferior if I won’t allow them to. Thank you Essays.ph, you saved me.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try freelancing. It sounds like a very adjustable kind of day, and you can work as much or as little as you like.

Cristine said...

Yes, Trichelle you're right, that's one advantage of freelancing. Give EPH a try you might like it.

Farida said...

I've heard about this company too. May I know how much they pay their writers, what sort of articles are written and how many articles can you write in a daily basis? If you have time please email me at inlovewithsunflower@yahoo.com.

Also, would you like us to follow each other?

Cristine said...

Hi Ms. Flarida. Thank you for commenting. I'm now following your blog thru GFC. :)

Rosemarie-Pinay Singlemom said...

congrats to you, I might check the site later and see if I am qualify to apply :)

in pinay's footsteps said...

Same as Farida... really just curious on the fees, type of articles written...

Mommy Maye said...

I have joined Essay.ph too but I can't remember receiving any feedback regarding my application.

Unknown said...

I am with Essays.ph too but I haven't written for one month na. By the way, I wanted to make a post about Essays too, but nawala na sa dashboard. sayang. my user name is venessapaula.what's yours?

Khim said...

I'm also a freelance writer. But, I was inactive because of my busy school schedule. :) Congrats on the second try. :D

Following you now.

verna said...

thanks for sharing this. It could save mine too.

Singlemom Reviews said...

I am not good in grammar nor in writing essays, should I know about this site before i will surely use this as my resource online..

Eterna-Pinay Mom's Care said...

You are really a good writer. Congrats!

Aileen said...

I've read of good as well as bad reviews from this site. What really stopped me from pursuing to sign up is the writing assignments like that topic you've mentioned. I want to be more free-spirited in writing...getting to choose topics on my turf rather than being given a writing assignment. I tried that one time and writing seemed awkward like that.

Vera said...

I applied in Essays.Ph a long time ago. I still receive some emails from them until but after my first set of essays I haven't written for them again. At the time, i thought the pay was too low per essay, considering the effort it took.
But maybe I should give it another shot?

Happy to read about your success story!

maxine said...

congrats

Nails and Kolours said...

I wanted to try this kind of site but I'm not confident, because I write poorly and I don't think I can catch up with time, considering I'm working 8am-5pm offline.

Goodluck to you sis. :)

Claudine | My Kimcheed Life said...

Congratulations! I've been looking for opportunities such as this as it would be a big boost to my monthly income. I might just try joining. Wish me luck!

Daddy Yashiro said...

This is the first time I heard about essays.ph. Thanks for this info and I'll check this out and try for myself.

Grace Alegonza said...

i used to be a freelance writer and got clients from a forum site. the pay was good and money started rolling in until peso-dollar exchange rate drop. so does the rate from clients too. how much is their rate btw?

XyeXyrus said...

I want to try this but, I don't I'm good in writing. :(

Pearl said...

interesting site... thanks for sharing :-)